Brook Financial Management Ltd gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant Data Protection Regulations and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Brook Financial Management Ltd’s registered office is at Meads Barn, Ashwell Business Park, Ilminster, Somerset and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 05856521. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register; registration number ZA0004187. Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person is Mr Kevin Smith, who can be contacted at the above address or telephone 01460 259852.
Please read this policy carefully. If you have any questions about this policy or what we do with your personal information, please contact us and we’ll be happy to advise further.
Information That We Collect
We will process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The information that we collect from you will depend on the product or service you have requested from us. This information may include one or more of the following – your full name, date of birth, home address, personal email, business email, home telephone number, mobile telephone number, National Insurance number, passport number and driver’s licence number.
We collect information from you via a number of means including:
- Communications via our website and/or social media
- Engagement of our services and/or quoting to engage with you
- Other communication, i.e. face to face contact, telephone, e-mail, post
- Other third parties
How We Use Your Personal Data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and taxation purposes
- We have a legal obligation to share your personal data with credit reference agencies whom provide us with financial background checks prior to you engaging with our services
- We will occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a client and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests. To opt out, please contact us in writing.
- We will never sell your data to a third party for the marketing purposes.
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
Such requests must be in writing to the contact details provided in this policy.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information.
If we receive a written request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
We use a number of third parties to help provide client services and business functions that you have requested from us. These third parties may also need to process your personal information. We only provide to third parties the information necessary for them to perform the functions we require.
Details of privacy policies of third parties used are available on request.
Brook Financial Management Ltd takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: – Email encryptions, restricted access, IT authentication, firewalls and anti-virus/malware.
Transfers Outside the EU
As part of the services provided to you, Brook Financial Management Ltd utilises some products or services (or parts of them) that may be hosted/stored in non-EU countries. This means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Therefore, when you use our services/website/send us an email, the personal information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted in non-EU countries. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your information.
For US third party suppliers, we will ensure their services are listed under the Privacy Shield (www.privacyshield.gov.uk).
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Wherever practicable, we will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary; however, there are circumstance in which we will keep your information for longer, including:
- Where we have a statutory or regulatory obligation to retain the information (we are required to keep certain information for specified minimum periods, and in some cases indefinitely, depending on the services we provide)
- To ensure our business is properly run in an efficient and compliant manner.
Our policy is regularly reviewed and listed on our website.
Version 0.1 – 23.05.18